Sunday, March 28, 2010

VII. A Friendly Warning?

Well, things always tend to get complicated. There was this other guy in my class, who likes to flirt about her. Always saying that she is his "darling" and blah blah blah. I don't deny that I wasn't irritated when I hear about these stuff. But I pretended not to hear about it when he says these things, since he is still my friend, and it is well known that he also says stuff like this to his previous girls. So, we all just tend to take them as jokes.

But rumours, rumours were brewing about. I've started hearing about how he has confessed to her, and how he had been rejected because she wants to concentrate in her studies. Because those were rumours, I didn't really care about them. My feelings for her won't be shaken off just like that. But if she really wants to concentrate in her studies, I guess I should remain my love as a secret after all.

Maybe I was obvious? My secret was soon found out by my friends. I tried to deny it at first, but one of them was persistent, and I know he's probably grinning while reading this now. In the end, I admitted. And they started playing pranks about me and her. And obviously, now HE also knows that I love her too now.

He started acting like a double faced person since then. Putting on a fake smile, he occasionally half jokingly says to me:
"Why you want to snatch my darling?"

There was once, I got so irritated when he messaged me at MSN, suddenly asking me if I want to see photos, he was sending a photo of him and her at a gathering, then simply canceled the sending, as if he just wanted to show off to me about his darling.


A screenshot to illustrate the situation.


I've ignored him all the time when he said such stuff, until one day, he told me and my friends in a serious manner. Warning me that she already has a boyfriend, and saying that I would be hurt if I love her.

Was he telling the truth? Should I trust a rival in love? Perhaps she rejected him because she was indeed dating someone else? Then perhaps what he said is really a friendly warning?

What should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment