Friday, March 12, 2010

IV. Teddy Bear?

I got her phone number from the tuition register passed around the class. I know, I admit I'm a coward, there's no way I have the courage to get her number head on.

Well, it wasn't too bad though. I'm not sure whether she's angry with me copying her number. I had some chances chat with her sometimes, but I guess I do bore her most of the time.

Sometimes, I kinda bump to her when I'm hanging out with my friends. She usually hangs out with some St. Michael guys. Usually we'll just pass by each other without saying a word. Just like strangers.

Months passed, and her birthday was approaching. I asked her what did she like, she said she like teddy bears. And I wanted to give her that, and if I want to do it, I'll do it in a crazy way. Maybe she was driving me crazy, or perhaps I really was crazily in love with her...

I remember it was a Tuesday. I took out my savings and went to school. Right after school, I went to Parkson with my best pal, he has alot of experience on buying gifts for girls, perhaps he may come in handy. Heh Heh. And he did, I'm glad he came along really.

The moment we entered the shop, we headed straight to the soft toy racks. Damn alot bears to choose from, some are really nice but I just couldn't afford. After much picking and staring from girls shopping in the shop (i guess we did look like teddy bear nerds, we spent a long time choosing) I chose a yellow one. Its has around a height of 80cm and I was having a headache on how to give it to her.

I planned to give it to her during tuition that night. Gotta wrap it up I guess. It would be disastrous if I went to my tuition holding a teddy bear. We went to the counter and requested it to be wrapped in the box. And the cashier said, "Ok go pick a box, see which you want. A box is RM26, then need 3 ribbon to wrap, need RM21 for the ribbons."

I was like... WTF.... the wrapping alone costs me RM47? I didn't count the wrapping cost into the budget. Damn. Embarrassed, I told the cashier, "Erm, I not enough money leh, I buy next time?"

Luckily really, my pal took out RM50 and gave it to me. Damn, I swear that was the coolest thing he ever did in front of me. (He was shining^^) Really want to thank him here. So its settled, I went on and chose a gift box in happy footsteps. After the wrapping, we headed straight back to school as it was late.

One more problem, my mum would kill me if she knows I'm buying something for girls. Her usual nagging "DON'T BUY THINGS FOR GIRLS WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN WORK, THE MONEY YOU HAVE IS NOT YOUR MONEY, IT IS MONEY FROM YOUR PARENTS"

And hiding a teddy bear of this size from her? Not a chance. And you won't want to know what will happen if she saw the bear.

Thanks to my pal again, he kept it for me and brought it to tuition for me that night. I guess I really wouldn't accomplish anything without him. Holding the box in my arms, I took my first step up the staircase to my tuition. In my mind, I was thinking,


"I hope she accepts it, cause I really don't know what to do if she rejects the gift."

No comments:

Post a Comment