Saturday, April 3, 2010

VIII. Fool on a Trip

Having being told something like that, I decided that it would be best to keep a low profile and not to get too close, I was afraid of losing a friend. Yes, we were good friends back then.

After about a month in my class, HE was invited to join a better class. At first, he seemed uncertain whether to go or not, as it would mean being in separate classes with the girl he loves.

Even though he was my rival in love, I asked him to stay. Because it was fun being in the same class with him. But in the end, he chose to go to L6B1, a class for students with higher standards. Leaving her behind.

Perhaps he thought they will meet together in U6B1 next year? Back then, her results weren't that good. She was really hardworking, but maybe form 6 is just too hard for us. I decided that I want to be with the same class with her next year, I want to work hard by her side during my upper six year.

Or perhaps, I need her company during my long upper six year.

So, I didn't put much effort into my studies. Thinking that I have to maintain my ranking near to her so that we'll be sorted into same classes next year. Having that excuse in mind, I took all my revision for granted,and yea, I got the worst marks I have in my life. I was a fool to do so.

Well, soon, the holidays came, we had a class trip to Cameron Highlands. There were some nice memories there. But now I just wanna forget them all. For instance, my classmates asked me to have a photo shoot with her. Gah, and she played along, I was happy and shy at the same time, there's a ridiculous expression on my face in the photo. Yea, I know its no big deal, its just a photo shoot, but it was good enough for a failure in love like me. *sigh* (i even got my friend to send the photo to me secretly later >.<) The next morning, I decided to do something for her, as my gratitude for making me happy. (and a sleepless night) I know she likes Vitagen, green apple flavour. When my friends were having breakfast, I broke off and went to a convenience store and bought 2 bars of the juice. I swear stuff are expensive at Cameron, I was near broke so I headed back to the bus and wait. I skipped lunch and breakfast that day. I didn't personally give those juices to her in the bus though, I didn't want to cause too much attention, and I was shy, as always. And the trip ended without anything special after that.

Some time later, L6B1 had their class trip too. After they came back, I checked their trip photos on facebook. And I was shocked to discover that rumours are now going on between HIM and another girl. And he didn't say anything to deny it.

I thought perhaps he found a new crush in his new class?
Perhaps now I can make a move without hurting anyone?
Perhaps now she would give me a chance?

No comments:

Post a Comment